Light Intensity Test
Lux is a measurement of light and getting the required lux levels right is a crucial step for the safe and effective operation within the controlled environment. Typically, the minimum lux requirements for a cleanroom are driven by the production of small and sensitive components
Procedure For Light Intensity Level Test
- To determine the light intensity level at working height level within the Cleanrooms.
- Instrumentation and Equipment Digital Lux Meter: LX-50Specification
- Test Condition: At Rest / As Built / Operational
- Average Light Intensity Level : 700 Lux ~ 880 Lux
- All fluorescent lighting were operated for at least 100 hours to ensure ‘proper seasoning.’
- The lighting ware operated continuously for least 2 hours to allow for temperature stabilization prior to the actual commencement of the test.
- he Cleanrooms were divided into test grids of no larger than 100 ft2
- One reading was taken at the centre of each grid and at a height of 1 meter above the floor.
- When an obstruction was encountered, the measurement was taken at 6” above the obstruction.
- The readings for all the other grids were taken and recorded.
- The average light intensity level of the Cleanroom were computed from these data.